Ok, this tagging thing has gone far enough… actually it seems to have gone as far as is possible, and I appear to be among the the last victims to take part in this merciless prank, which lets me off the hook for volunteering further unpleasantness upon my fellow bloggers. Hoorah!
So, it appears I’m required to write a few facts about myself:
- I came up with the name for the Exodus expansion, hoping it would be enough to earn me an honorary dev shirt. It wasn’t.
- I once had my eyes removed from their sockets for an operation to fix my wonky vision, after which the surgeon told me they were lolling about my cheeks in a most amusing way. I was sedated at the time, obviously, but looking in the mirror the next day convinced me he was probably telling the truth.
- I’ve spent a small fortune on driving lessons and it took me nine attempts to pass my test (11 if you include theory exams). My instructor – having put his four kids through university at my expense – finally suggested I get stoned, or take prescription pills that would have a similar effect, in order to be able to fool the examiner that I be allowed to drive a car unaided. I did, and passed.
- I love hardcore strategy games of the grand/4X variety, and I completely suck at playing them.
- As a kid I ran across a live firing range on a British millitary base for a prank. Many years later I found myself in a gun club in Vegas, shaking with fear, holding a handgun at some paper target. I dropped the pistol, it went off, I survived. I don’t think I should be allowed near firearms again, just in case I’ve already ridden my luck. (Suits me just fine.)
- At the front of a packed Front Line Assembly gig a friend* decided it was probably futile to try to get to the bathroom before the band came on, so he emptied himself in a pint glass and tucked it behind a monitor on the stage. Minutes later, the lead singer ran on, kicking the stage monitor. The glass tipped over and the leather-clad vocalist slipped on his arse in what he probably thought was beer. My chum and I decided to then watch the rest of the show from a few rows back. (Yes, a real friend. It wasn’t me!)
- I’ve been a passenger in Sid Meier‘s car and it was like the inside of a stationery cupboard that had been ransacked by rabid wolverines. Over lunch, at our destination, he confided that he watches real football and supports Arsenal. (I think so… it was a few years ago now.)